Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tis the season...

Today I bought a swimsuit. I tried it on here at home. Child #3 was home and he was going to be my second opinion, bad idea.

Me: T, how do you like my new swimsuit???

T: (crinkles up his nose) I don't like it for the pool.

Me: (where else does a person wear a swimsuit???) Why don't you like it?

T: Mom(exasperated), it is way too immodest.

Me: (who taught you that word???) What do you mean?

T: The legs need to come down to here. (points to his knees)

Me: (are you kidding me??) Do you want me to wear a full body suit.

T: Yeah, you would look better.

Thank you T!!

I just hate this time of year. No matter how many swimsuits I try on none of them do my body justice. I suppose this is part of summer life. I have to find a new swimsuit this year. Last summer, Child #1 informed me that my suit of choice looked like a "GRANDMA SWIMSUIT"!!! I about dropped my jaw. I didn't realize my fashion savvy had sunk so low. I really should be embarrassed not only for myself but for my poor children. Imagine, hanging out with your mother that looks like a grandma. There is nothing worse.

I really do love summer, really. Just not this part!!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you look hot in your suit! maybe we could go swimming at the pool when I come visit in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you teaching your children? tsk tsk tsk!

    ReplyDelete