Monday, March 30, 2009

Did you say SIX??


Where have the days gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were hauling you home from the hospital. I say haul because you were a whopping 10 pounds when you were born! I guess some things haven’t changed-you are still our little giant. I’ll never forget the day we were accused of putting our “7 year old” on the 4 year old soccer team. I never understood why someone would “want” to put a 7 y.o. on a 4 y.o. team but either way the other team thought I was definitely doing something wrong with my “little giant”. I guess they missed the part where you were aimlessly running around like all the other 4 y.o. that day.

You are definitely a big teddy bear, as long as nobody makes you mad. Sometimes I wonder how many hugs and kisses can you give you before you will tire of it. I guess for now I will just be grateful that you love to give them.

I guess you are a typical younger brother. You want to be where the action is or in other words, you want to be with your big brother and sister. At times, this drives your big brother crazy but your sister just loves having you around. The two of you are either the best of friends or the worst of friends. I love to see the two of you play "library" together. You were so excited to "read" your first chapter book after "checking" it out from the "library". Oh the imagination of you and your sister!

Some days I wonder if you will make it to birthday #15. You are my daredevil. I hate it and you love it. It scares me to death when you come flying down the neighbors driveway on your bike but you think it’s the best thing on earth. It does not make sense to you that I would worry about a car hitting you or that just maybe, just maybe you might CRASH!! You continue to tell me you know what you are doing. I just don’t let you do anything now that you are SIX YEARS OLD!!

You make me laugh, cry, wonder where the time has gone. You make me re-focus my energy, you make me read. all. the. time. You make me happy, grateful and best of all you make me love you!! Like I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, you will always be my baby!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little tribute to your baby! What a fun kiddo!

    ReplyDelete