Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saturday fun!

Back when I was a kid my parents would take me and my brothers to a bookstore in Salt Lake City called Sam Wellers Bookstore. My entire family is avid readers, except for me. I have grown to enjoy reading and actually read a lot now but back then I was not so hip on it. My mom would force me to read, which I am grateful for now but back then she was not on my good list!! Today, I thank her because I am a good reader all to her.

Anyway, my mom decided to take a trip downtown to re-visit the bookstore because it is having a big sale to reduce inventory. She asked me and the kids if we wanted to go. Of course we did, my kids are crazy readers!!! Sometimes I have to get mad at them because they try and bring their book reading to the dinner table and I can't stand it!! I suppose it is fitting that they all love to read because when they were little I would read to them at least 30 minutes a day. There were days I did not want to do this but I figured if it would help them enjoy reading more than me it was worth it. So now I reap my rewards, even if my rewards do make me angry some days!!!
We road trax down.

These next three pictures are to show the rooms and rows of books in this store. Just when you think there couldn't possibly be another row of books, there is!! And this was just in the basement, forget the two floors above us!! INSANE.





My three read books the entire time we were there. They did not want to leave when it was time. #2 child actually read an entire chapter book.

1 comment:

  1. I read about that bookstore in the paper..Sounds like a fun day with grandma..fun to share your history with your kids.

    ReplyDelete