Thursday, March 19, 2009

Celebrate!

I can't believe my oldest is 10 years old!! Alas, he is and so it's time to celebrate it. I never thought the day would come that he would be this old. I still remember when he was about 2 y.o., I told my Mom something to the effect of, these days will never end!! She laughed and told me to just wait, before I knew it they would be leaving the house!! Well, today we are over halfway there- AAAAAHHHH!

I have to say C is an amazing boy. One time when we were reading the scriptures and he was about 3 y.o. he said, "Mom, someday I hope I can be a prophet". Oh, the innocence of childhood.

He has always been my obedient one. If I ask him to do something he will get right on it. There have been a few times where he might complain a little but I would say that is rare. He is respectful. He loves to tease his younger sister. He is one to read his scriptures every.single.night.

He is also my video game nut. One time I told him I was going to let him choose what he did for an entire day. I figured he would play video games all day. He assured me he was not going to do this and he was "old" enough to manage his time wisely. So the day started and around 9:00a.m. he decided to start playing video games. He didn't stop until around 5:30 p.m.-he even missed lunch that day. It was torture for me, I am the anti-video game queen. When he finally did come up he sat down at the island and just started bawling!!! I was surprised because I thought the day would have been a dream come true for him. He felt so terrible for playing video games all day. He said he just didn't feel good about what he did. We agreed that moms are here for a reason-to help us manage our time.
This is his face after opening a video game. Is that happy or what??

I could go on and on about C but I wont. Here are just a few more things about him. He loves sports or anything outside. He loves swimming. He is very competitive, especially if it's his little sister. He loves to read. I hope this upcoming year is as good as the last!
Enjoying the cake.

Our cute neighbor joined us!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 10 years. Where has the time gone, Heidi? Brayden will be 12 in a couple of weeks! Seriously, weren't we just in college? Let's not talk about them leaving home, it makes me cry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete