Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Advice

I rec'd this text today from my older brother. Not only did I laugh my head off but I also found myself really thinking about what he wrote.

Little Heidi-san,
Remember, "Either karate yes, or karate no. If you go in middle, you get squished like grape". That is all.

Now is that not the best advice??? Granted I don't think he made it up himself, hence the quotation marks. Plus he is the movie quoter of all time but that is not the point here.

I find myself being way too much in the middle of everything I do. I need to either be yes or no!! A lot of times I stay in the middle so I don't have to hurt someones feelings or I don't want to commit. I would say that is my big downfall, I am a non-committer(I dont think that's a word but now it is). I will wait until the last possible second to commit to anything I do.

I don't like being committed. Is this terrible or what??? I struggle with making simple decisions in life because it might commit me to something.

So I will move forward today and remind myself daily, "you don't want to be squished like a grape!" That is all!

5 comments:

  1. Ummmm. Classic Karate Kid quote Heidi!

    Correct full quote - "Either you karate do “yes”, or karate do “no”. You karate do “guess so”, [makes squish gesture] just like grape. Understand?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy I'm sorry. I should be embarassed. Karate Kid, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way with committing my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve the post! I need major help in ths area too! So today I will commit to not being "squished" :) I just need to be more decisive with what I do or want to do. Thanks for the push! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Heidi, everyone knows that's from Karate Kid. (A classic movie I just introduced my kids to, btw). Just do it (whatever it is) already! Or don't. Or...I don't know. Maybe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete