Thursday, April 30, 2009

Busy or at least pretending

What have I been doing you ask? Well, I would like to say I have been doing some amazing things over here but that would be a lie!! See for yourself.......

1. We made a pinewood derby care and then raced it.
For the last three years I have done the pinewood derby without Teds help. I don't know how it has worked out this way but he has been out of town every year for the entire week!! (I feel really bad for C. I am clueless when it comes to derby cars. At least this year, he didn't come in last every time, baby steps!)

2. We took pictures of ourselves making funny faces. This was a hit. Who doesn't love to see themselves make funny faces. Some of us enjoy it more than others.

3. We opened presents from the coolest Aunts on earth. Ted has two older sisters, they are amazing. Melanie has two daughters of her own and lives in California. Lynette has two dogs of her own and lives in Colorado. They both are very different but my children adore them. When the two of them come into town my family is beyond excited.

Melanie is so great to do one on one time and just sit and listen to them talk. Of course, every child loves to be heard and that is exactly what she does. Paige is always asking me, "When do we get to see Aunt Melanie again?"

Then there is Lynette, she is wild and crazy. On St. Patricks Day this year, C wakes up and says, "I wish Aunt Lynette were here because she is always crazy fun on the holidays!". It opened up my eyes to how much they treasure those interactions with their Aunties. I could go on and on but instead I will say this.

Package in the mail: $40

Knowing your Aunt thought about you: PRICELESS!


Our package from Aunt Melanie was actually hand delivered by cousin Amy and Uncle Keith. I love those faces!

C absolutely loved this helicopter that Uncle Keith brought. He has played with it more than any other "toy" I've ever bought. How does that happen?? So much for mother knowing best!

4. We chilled with Grandma. We always have a good time together. I still marvel that she gets so excited to see her great grandchildren. I take them by at least 3 times a week and her excitement hasn't decreased from day one! She is always happy to see me but there is a definite difference when I bring by the Great Grandchildren.


5. I was reminded how life can change in the blink of an eye. We have good friends that let us know their two year old son was diagnosed with brain cancer. As I listened over the phone to the sequence of events that had happened to them in the previous 48 hrs I was in shock. I was embarrassed for myself when I said, "I can't process this, I'm in shock". Can you imagine how they must have been feeling? As I have watched them dealing with this I marvel how they take the little things in life and make them into miracles. I think sometimes I expect big things in my life when it is really the little things that make life a miracle. I know they have their moments, we all do, but I have been reminded that life is too short to waste dwelling on the unchangeable. I must be grateful for the little things in life because that is what life is made up of, the little things!! BTW, go hug your child.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure Ted wasn't at the pinewood derby? That kid pictured looks a lot like him!

    It was so fun to chat with you on Wednesday. I wish I could do that every day. Then I'd get to nod my head while I read your blog... "already knew that!"

    So glad you get this time with your Grandma! I know you are cherishing it so much!

    ReplyDelete