Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dear Costco

It was so good to see you today. It seems our once a week visits aren't quite enough. I know you would love to see me daily and for that matter, I would love to see you daily. My husband, on the other hand thinks we already see each other too much. He thinks you would be a negative effect on me. I continue to work on him but he hasn't seen the light yet.

I have to say, the thing I love most about you is how each visit is a new experience. I don't think I have ever gotten tired of visiting you. I know, I know you think I say that to all my friends but REALLY I don't. It's funny how you can always put a smile on my face.

I have noticed one thing, our parting of ways is always the hardest. You would think that after all these years I would have learned but it never fails. For example, let's talk about today. We had our usual weekly visit and as always I stayed waaaaaaaaaay too long. I had hoped to say a quick hello and an even quicker good-bye. As always, you pulled me in with your delicious appetizers. Then of course you always have the best books, you know I love to see what your latest reads are. I almost forgot to buy what I went for, I H.A.T.E when that happens. But today, I thought I did pretty good. I thought for sure our parting would not be as hard as usual. But alas, I was wrong. You know the part when you ask to see my cute plastic card, the one that has my amazing picture on it??? I know you know the one. Well, I brought it out and when all was said and done I thought for sure we would no longer be friends. Today you took waaaaaay too much and I felt like I left with nothing(I hate that feeling!). I'm starting to think you don't really care about me you just want my pretty plastic card.

So now I've come to why I am writing, after today's time with you I think we might have to stay away from each other for awhile. I know this is hard on you but even harder on me. I hope you don't forget me or even worse replace me with someone else. I guess if you do replace me, I will find my place again as soon as I show you my pretty plastic card.

Love, Me

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I have news for you, Heidi, so sit down, you may take it hard. Your friend Costco is cheating on you. Maybe it's his twin out here in KC, but I swear I could have written this post. He makes me feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete