Friday, April 3, 2009

Politically correct

Here at our house we like to treat everyone fairly. We don't want anyone to feel inferior or less of a person so we aren't picky, we are challenged eaters. Some days are better than others. I struggle with challenged eaters because I eat everything, well almost. I have to admit, I don't have much sympathy for challenged eaters. I am finally learning that making a big issue over what a person will and will not eat is pretty much a waste of my time. I haven't yet been able to convince my challenged eater to like something they don't like. So I don't make a big deal anymore. I insist they try everything I cook and then we move on.
Anyway, today was a hard day. I forced my challenged eater, no names please that would only bring more unwanted attention to the challenged eater which is not politically correct, to drink Emergen-C. I thought this would be a "treat", silly me!! I thought every child would love to drink something besides plain, old water, I was WRONG!!

Now, I'm not saying it tastes like candy but I'm also saying it doesn't taste like brussel sprouts(sorry all you brussel sprout lovers I would rather drink horse pee!). So you get my point here. Well for challenged eaters drinking Emergen-C is like the last thing on earth you can do. I will say, today my challenged eater did not cry or put up a big fuss. I was very, very impressed with how she met the challenge, see for yourself.
If you are not aware, there is a process.
First, the nose plug!!
DRINK. FAST. phew. I'm done.

Second, eat something you do like immediately after the swallow!

It's as simple as that.

FYI, food of choice this a.m-LIFE cereal.

BTW, I adore my challenged eater!

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up at your attempts to be PC on the matter. T0O CUTE!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete