Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yes, that's exactly what I meant

Today at church Conner told Ted he had some big flakes of skin on his eyebrows. Unfortunately, Ted has a bad case of exzema right on his eyebrow and he doesnt know when he has big flakes just sitting there, so thank goodnes Conner let him know. Ted had just left to go to the bathroom to take care of the flare up when I had the following conversation.

Me: (speaking to Conner and Tye) You know this time right now when they play the music before sacrament meeting starts is a special time where we listen to the music being played and sometimes if we know the words we can say the words in our mind and think about what they mean. (pause so they can reflect on what I say. Think to myself how wonderful it is to have this great teaching moment-aahh, this is what it's all about) Another great thing about this time is the Holy Ghost can talk to you and tell you the things that you need to do(pause again to allow these amazing children to reflect on what I have just said. Oh lovely, the youngest is beginning to say something profound back-I can't wait.......)

Tye: The Holy Ghost can talk to us.......You mean he can tell Dad he needs to take care of his excema!!!

Me: (HUH???) I guess. (so much for profound teaching moments)

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you get to sacrament early enough to actually sit and listen to the prelude music.

    ReplyDelete