Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not a diet-Lifestyle Change!!!

So tomorrow will be my first day of NOT a diet but a lifestyle change!! I will see how well I do at this. I am embarking on breaking my sugar addiction. Should I even be admitting that I have an addiction??? I am such a sugar freak, it is not funny. After every meal, except breakfast, I have to have something "good" to eat. Now when I say "good" I don't mean healthy good, I mean get a big old butt "good".
I hate to blame my husband for this addiction but I never had a problem like this until after we got married. Growing up we didn't gorge ourselves on junk food-we didn't have junk food. My parents were unintentional healthy eaters(you probably didn't know that existed-it does). We just didn't have junk food everywhere you turned. I didn't know what a fat gram was until I went to college and my roommates chose a food according to the "fat grams" contained in said food.
So, now I have a problem with loving sugar!!! I know, it's so not my hubbies fault. The first step to overcoming addiction is to look it in the eyes(and then eat it!!!). OK so I start this new thing that is supposed to help me get over my sugar addiction, tomorrow. I hope I can make it through this. I LOOOOOOOOOVE my sugar. If I make it through day one I will feel like I did it. I know, I'm setting very low expectations.
I will keep you posted on how this goes, or not, if my change doesn't go so well.

2 comments:

  1. I started Atkins a month ago just to break my sugar addiction. I LOVE candy. I love cake. I love donuts...
    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Tara's sister, by the way...

    ReplyDelete