Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The weekend partay!

We had a great holiday weekend. I figure if I dont hurry and post pictures then it will never get done. Saturday started out with some basketball with Paige. She is doing amazing. The first part of the game she was a little timid but by the end of the game she was stealing the ball and doing some major rebounding. More than once Ted had to tell me to calm down and chilll out. I would get so into her fast moves that I was a little over the top. I might have to bring a book to read so I'm not so focused on the game.




Then we went up the canyon to Tibblefork Reservoir to do some sledding. It was a great time to watch the kids go flying down the hill. Tye was a crazy boy and wanted to do all the scary jumps. Everytime I would turn around he was up at the top of the hill and jumping on his sled. I would tell him it was too scary for his age and he would say that's what he wanted was "scary". There were a few times he thought he was going to die but no damage was ever done.
Pre-jump

Post-jump






Why the dazed look you ask??? Read on...

Conner decided to go off a jump that was about 4 feet off the ground. I didnt think he would really do it so when I heard Ted yell "That was awesome" I knew he had gone for it. By the time I turned around he was standing at the bottom of the hill dazed. I ran down to him and he kept asking me "What happened mom?, What happened mom?, I don't remember anything!" . He was a little out of it and had blood on his upper lip. Apparently, he took a nose dive after he caught some 5-6 feet of air. He was definately a little shook up about everything but his dad thought it was the coolest thing ever. I pretty much banned anyone else from going off the jump-Tye thought that was an injustice!!

After some sledding we met my parents for a berry sundae at Costco. The kids adore my amazing parents who are always willing to buy them a treat or two or twenty!!! We are definately not lacking in the cool grandparents department.


We have to check out the book table everytime we visit Costco to see what cool books are coming out. So many books so little time!













Let the good times roll! Is that a sucker in your mouth??? Didn't you just eat a berry sundae!!?? How many treats can you get in one hour??? Oh to be young again.

Sunday was a busy day with talks in church and ward conferences to attend but it was still a good day. We visited with my parents about thier trip to Mexico for two weeks. My mom had taken over 600 pictures of the ruins they toured through so we had to see all of the cool spots. We stayed doing this till much too late but had a great time.

Monday came and we decided to go up the canyon again to get out of the awful inversion. This time we did some snowshoeing and had the best time. We spent a lot of time jumping off the trail and sliding down the hill. The kids quickly became addicted to this whole snowshoeing adventure and we were on the mountain for 5 hours!!





Tye kissing the big guns!


The hike up the mountain.














Sliding down the mountain was their favorite part.



Snow angels were pretty rockin' too!!







Our next stop was out to eat with our adorable niece, Amy. We decided to kidnap her so we could spend some time together. She is here attending BYU and we love to see her but don't get to as much as we would like.

In all, it was a great weekend just relaxing and having a lot of laughs together.

1 comment:

  1. Ted's face says it all! I feel the exact same way every time we go to Costco and Eli want's to see the DVD's. I feel bad that we didn't get to hang out more while we where out there. We took Eli sledding and he loved it too. I let Eli go down by himself and gave my mom a heart attack. Worth every second!

    ReplyDelete