Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Saturday of the Year

How did I spend the first Saturday of the Year you ask??? Well, let me tell you-I went snowshoeing for half the morning and loved every minute of it. I went with some friends and we had the best time. It snowed a few inches overnight up at the Pine Hollow Trail head which set the stage for a perfect hike. I was planning on being back by 9:30 but it ended up I wasn't showing my face around the house until after 11:00 a.m.!!! It was amazing.
After a quick shower and lunch we all headed to the movies to see "The Tale of Desperaux". I have not read the whole book yet but C has. He informed us that the book and movie were nothing alike. I reminded him that this usually is the case. It's always a let down to see a movie after reading the book. Hollywood just can't do a book justice. I hate to think of all those movies I've seen and never read the book-I'm missing out on so much!!
I have my Grandma staying with us until January 7th. This has added a completely different spin on our family dynamics. She came two days ago and we have had some good laughs at her comments.
Grandma walked into P's room yesterday while I was helping her tidy it up. She looked around and said, "It's a bit littered in her isn't it?". I think P was in shock that someone had brought out the obvious.

Then yesterday morning T, the husband, was still in bed and Grandma walked into our bedroom. Ted pulled the covers up over his head in hopes that Grandma would not notice him. We just can't have anyone actually knowing that he was still lounging around, in his underpants. I'm pretty sure she thought it was one of the kids playing around and so she was not going to pass up this opportunity to have fun with the grand kids.

Grandma: (In one of those "I'm-going-to-get-you!" Grandma kind of voices-with a huge smile on her face) "Who's under the covers?".

Me: (laughing hysterically) "That's Ted, my husband!!!"

Grandma: OH! (smile disappears immediately, walks out of room)

T: dying of laughter under the blankets!!

Me: peeing my pants on the bedroom floor.

Never a dull moment with Grandma around.

No comments:

Post a Comment