Tuesday, July 7, 2009

harvest time

I know that sounds like I live in the country, never mind that I have a Wal-mart seconds away from my front door. My point is.... our cherry tree actually produced a lot of cherries. In the past, the birds would devour the cherries before we realized they were ripe. This year it was a bit different, the birds still devoured them but there was plenty for the rest of us.
The kids and I spent our morning "harvesting". It was fun to climb around on the tree, especially when the birds would land inches away from you to eat the cherry you were picking.

Does anyone know what to do with lots of cherries?

4 comments:

  1. Cherry Jam? Marachino them? Eat so many of them that they give you the runs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to pay you a visit (to nab some of those yummy cherries)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we'd be more than happy to take some off your hands... i'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy!!!! they look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete