Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Soccer

This year we spent a lot of time on the soccer fields between playing and refereeing games. This last Saturday was our last day for the season and it was nice!! I had to laugh when my parents came to visit us at the end of one of the soccer games. Mr. C was kicking the ball around and they couldn't help but join in. It was pretty great considering I don't think I had ever seen either one of them kick a soccer ball in my LIFE!!!
Mr C was a good fan but I think he was glad it was the end of the season!!
I will say, today he cashed in all of his referee time cards and I don't think he was one bit sad that he had dedicated so much time on the field. I kept thinking I should pick up some games for the extra cash!! I never would have imagined making that much money at his age. I could start telling you about how when I was a kid I made $5 for 2 1/2 hours of babysitting but I won't bore you with my childhood stories!!

2 comments:

  1. Your parents are so cute! Some of my kids referee too! I think it's a great gig for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $5 for 2 1/2 hours?! Man, you got paid twice what I did! When I got a raise it went up to $1.25 an hour. And that was for 3 boys. Seriously.

    Just wanted to stop by and say that I've been thinking about you and I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete