Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Goblin Valley

We headed to Goblin Valley for the long weekend.
I consider the weekend a success if when you make it back,
you have half a sand pit in your bathtub.
I could not believe the boulders coming out of Mr T's hair.

Here is our fancy sleeping arrangements.
I love not worrying about dirty, dusty children coming inside.
Here is the other half of the sand pit.
If Mr T wasn't on a 4 wheeler, he was laying somewhere in the dirt!!

We managed a 65 mile ATV ride. I had never done such a long ride before.
Mr C rode his 80 motorcycle the entire way.
I thought I was going to die a couple of times but I'm still here!!

We did a nine mile hike through Wild Horse Slot Canyon.
It's a little like "the Narrows" in Zion's Canyon minus the water.
The kids loved jumping from rock to rock.
Of course, we hiked through the Goblins and
jumped a lot more rocks!!

It was a great weekend.
It started out very windy and dusty but it only improved.
The only thing that could make Goblin Valley better is a lake nearby!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like fun! Made me think of my very own joke after reading this...we live near the White Sands of NM. There is no body of water just sand...perhaps this is a result of New Mexicans going to the coast and moms having to clean the tubs after their return...

    ok in my mind it sounded funnier...yet I am still posting this- life of a mom:)!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete