Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Another year, another Mothers Day and I have to say, I sure enjoyed it. It finally came to me that Mothers Day wasn't all about "ME". Every other year I have been so centered on what everyone was doing for me, that I forgot the real meaning of Mothers Day. If it wasn't for my three wonderful children then I would not be celebrating this glorious day.

There was breakfast in bed but it was all of us enjoying it together!!!
I have to say it was a lot more fun to have someone joining me.
This year, I had a breakfast made straight from the heart.
Waffles covered in chocolate truffles and whipping cream,
chocolate milk made out of powdered milk
(I didn't make it to the grocery store the night before)
and blueberries with whipping cream.It was quite the breakfast!
That evening I had my mom, grandma, brother, sister-in-law and nieces and nephews over for a great dinner. It could not have been a better ending, except to have my dad and other brother's family as part of the mix!!
I have to add here that I love and adore my amazing Mother!!
I could not ask for a better example of "mother" in my life.
The other day I was complaining about something unimportant, she gave me the best advice.
It truly sums up who she is.
"Heidi, I make a choice to look for the good and let the rest go."
WOW!! I think I'm done complaining.
I hope you enjoyed your families and had the best day ever!

2 comments:

  1. love it! and your mom's quote! I think you do that! You are right it isn't about us but them!

    I saw your cute kids refereeing Micah's soccer game Saturday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I just wanted to say that I think you truly are an AMAZING mom!

    ReplyDelete