Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where did it go???

Have you ever noticed that it takes a really long time to get into good shape? Have you ever worked really hard to get into shape? And when I say this I mean like you exercise everyday just so you can "take first in your age division" kind of hard. Then you go on a few weeks vacation and you don't really do much of anything and BOOM! you get back and you would have thought you didn't exercise a day in your life.

Now, normally, this would not bother me but this weekend I am participating in one of the Ragnar Relays. If you haven't heard of it you really should go check it out. It is the sweetest race I have ever competed in. This will be my 5th year and I have the time of my life. There are 12 people per team, 2 vans, 6 people per van and 24 hours of running, eating, sleeping and repeating, three times!! It is the best, I mean if you are weird like that.

So you are wondering what my problem is, right??? I don't think I can run one for myself right now, let alone run one for the team!! Tomorrow will be my first run in about 4 weeks. I hope I don't die. If you don't hear from me again then you will know I didn't make it past mile 1.

1 comment:

  1. Totally know what you mean..however, you are a mean running machine and you will dominate your leg at Ragnar! Someone is injured on Alysons team...so I might do it..I am scared though :) Wendy and I did the Bridal Veil 10k and it was really fun..I can handle that! But Ragnar--not sure of that! Good luck and by the way, I loved your Greece pictures!

    ReplyDelete