Monday, June 22, 2009

Ragnar Relay-I LOVE YOU MAN!!

"Green Eggs and Sam"
I had a party running this weekend. I know it doesn't seem right that a person could actually have fun while they run but I promise you, I did.

I have done this race for the last 5 years and it always amazes me how much fun I have. By the time I get to leg three I am so ready to be done but still ready to run it again the next year. What I love the most is you don't have to be a "fast" runner to have a good time. This year we had the BYU team literally "fly" past us at a 5:25 minute mile. We stopped three of the guys at the following stop to talk about their flying ability. It was unreal. At one point we run up a serious mountain and the BYU team had to slow down to a 5:45 minute mile. Can you say AMAZING!!!??? I think that is one of my favorite parts, watching the elite runners do their thing.


If you are a runner then next year this is your race. Just do it!!
This is my oldest brother. He has ran on the team with me for the last 3 years. This year he was in Van #2, I was Van #1. I missed being in the same van. I hear he kicked some serious trash on all his legs.
Good Job brother!!
This isn't a very good pic, he has his eyes closed. oops.
We all looked trashed because it is 9 am and we have slept maybe 2 hrs in the last 24 hrs.
I just finished running my last leg, he is getting ready to start #3.

5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about running this next year. It would be really cool! I will have to see how my running goes from here. You are my hero. I know three people that ran this race. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are so awesome. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could fun stuff like this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Sounds fun. In a masochistic kind of way...

    ReplyDelete