Monday, June 22, 2009

GREECE Part 2

A nice little church high in the mountains of the Peloponnese.
The fallen temple of Zeus, Olympus Greece. This was one of my favorite sights. I loved learning more about the first Olympics which had nothing to do with sports.The column you see was re-constructed and polished to show what the entire templelooked like at one time, over a thousand years ago!! The temple was completely destroyedafter an earthquake in like 450 AD.
The coolest drinking fountains outside Olympia, Olympus, Greece. I need these in my
backyard. A common sight. Goats all over the place!! We almost took out a goat herder
and his cane on our way to the beach one day. We could not stop laughing at the poor man running across the street with hiscane trailing behind him. I'm sure he thought his life was coming to a close, very quickly.
I loved the yiayia's all over the place. We saw a lot of them on the islands.
They all wore their black clothes but I have to say I loved the knee highs on this one.
She was just chillin' on the front porch.Another party at the beach. I think we were getting ready for our
calendar shoot, or not!! We were just enjoying the great water and weather.
My amazing view at Porto Katziki. Take note of the rocks, not sand!

3 comments:

  1. Your trip looked amazing. If y'all decide to go again (when I'm not about to give birth) I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, next time I am going. sighhhh! love all the pics. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete