Friday, April 9, 2010

Not so skinny

I bought some skinny jeans yesterday. I never thought I would buy the tapered leg, it was so old school. I found some for $15. How can I pass up a deal like that, right??? After trying them on, I actually liked them, until tonight after my uplifting, "skinny" conversation w/my 11 y.o.

Mr C: You know your pants, they look like high waters.

Me: I know, that's the way it's supposed to look.

Mr C: Maybe you should wear some socks or something.

Me: I would look like a dork. (smiling)

Mr C: I hate to tell you this........don't take it like an insult...those pants make your bum look really big.

Me: (silence)

Note to self: the "skinny" part is just a marketing tool!!

I found out later that Mr C happened to mention to his Dad, earlier today, that I didn't look so "skinny" in my new skinny jeans. I guess, in Mr C and Miss P's words, Dad didn't think that was funny.All picture taking credit goes to Mr C!!
Note: He did not take any of the back end, he's protecting the family name.

4 comments:

  1. Bill and I LOVE the dialog posts you write! You have a flair for preserving memories Heidi!

    oh and for the record, the jeans look great...I mean, wouldn't it bother you more if the 11 year thought they looked Awesome? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute and you know he is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Gotta love those kids! BTW- you look great : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking the Munchkin is right. Pretty soon you'll be pegging the legs. Nothing better than boot cut. Now that's sexy.

    ReplyDelete