Monday, April 19, 2010

Grandma


I take great delight in laughing at my Grandma anytime she says or does something absolutely goofy, which is more often than not. Some days I even think to myself, "I will never do that". But when it all comes down to it, I don't think I will have much control over that thing called Old Age.
My only hope is that my children will see how much we go visit Grandma and they will do the same for me.

Today, we rode our bikes for a quick visit. I tell you, there is nothing more wonderful than to hear a 93 year old woman giggling like a 5 year old just out of sheer delight in seeing her great grandchildren.

I laugh every time because she has the exact same conversation, every s.i.n.g.l.e time. It goes something like this,

Grandma: Now, who are you? What's your name?

Child: states name, age.

Grandma:(laughing) You are taller than me, I will have to put a brick on your head to keep you from growing. (moves on to next child, repeat conversation )

I'm sure my children think she doesn't care because she literally can't remember their name from the beginning of our visit to the end. But every time I hear that giggle, I know the trek to Grandma's house was all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww....so sweet. Precious moments. And I can't believe how she looks the exact same as I remember her:)


    Oh and SOOO loved the stahes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet:) they will someday know what a great thing they & you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's reassuring to know how kind you are to Grandma, gives me hope for the time when I begin to repeat myself. Both you and the kids will be well equipped to deal with me too.

    ReplyDelete