Saturday, November 7, 2009

Learning all the time

Today, I finally learned something. For the last thirteen years, I have drooled over a bed set in the Restoration Hardware Catalog. I first saw it shortly after Ted and I got married and I have loved it ever since. Initially, I told myself it was too expensive. Year after year I would see this particular set and just stare at it. I started pulling the picture out of the catalog thinking I could make the set myself, that never happened. I don't know how many times I told myself, "just buy it already!!!" but I never did.

Well, since Ted and I have been married I have bought three different bed sets!!! Yes, I did just type the number THREE!!!! If you haven't bought a bed set recently then let's just say, it's not cheap. I could have bought my Restoration Hardware bed set that I loved thirteen years ago and still love today and saved money. I could have been so happy for the last thirteen years jumping in and out of my bed. I could have laughed when I saw the near identical set today in the store. But no, instead, today I sat and stared at the near identical set in the store and said, "you should have bought it thirteen years ago!!!!".

Unfortunately, the near identical set was $200 and I just couldn't justify buying another set when I just purchased one. I know I will regret this move but what does a person do. I guess if you are me, you just sit and stare at the picture. But if you are you, learn from me and spend the extra money and get what you really want, you won't regret it!!!

But next time, Restoration Hardware here I come!!!

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you think. But really Heidi, don't wait buy it today, I'm sure there is someone out there who needs your current set.

    ReplyDelete