Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2,000 Fliers

Just take this from me, if someone asks you to deliver 2,000 fliers turn around immediately and run away as fast as you can!!! Our wonderful Pampered Chef neighbor, Summer, asked the kids if they wanted a little job delivering fliers. I thought it was a great idea until I saw the box of 2,000 fliers!!! Everyday we deliver a million but when we get back in the car the box still seems packed with orange fliers. I had to laugh today because the kids were starting to get discouraged. They thought for sure there were more fliers in the box at the end of the run than there were at the beginning.

I know I said you should run away but really, I must admit, this has been a great experience. I have actually enjoyed the driving around, the dropping off, the non-stop taping of fliers and most importantly, the sprinting from house to house. I wasn't sure how the kids were going to re-act to such a big job but no complaints so far. Today, they did ask me, "Are we close to being done?". I think the thing that keeps them going is the dollar signs they see at the end. Whatever it is, I hope it carries until the last orange flier is gone!!!

1 comment: