Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Too much...

to catch up on. Do you ever feel like so much happens in the space of 7 days that you will never be able to remember it all? This is how I'm feeling about now. I have loved this summer. Every year I think to myself, life can't get any better than this but it always does. I can't write in words how much fun I have had with my three children. Each year they seem to get even better. This summer I wanted to make the most of the time I had with them, and for once I actually feel like I did that!! We read about Greek mythology together, did Spanish lessons together, went to the pool together, learned how to play golf together, hiked together, practiced the piano together, rode motorcycles together, drove golf carts together, played in the mud together, laughed our heads off together and the list could go on and on and on.

This summer will go down in the history books for me. I find myself getting so caught up in cleaning the house or getting "nothing"done that I miss the chance to "laugh a little". But, I will say, this summer I feel like I actually had fun and savored the moments that will never come again. So, here's to not remembering everything but knowing the ride was a good one.

For your viewing pleasure, a few moments of our Bear Lake trip.
Jumping from one tube to another-no, I did not do that!!
Jumping off the boat-no, I did not do that!!
Taking our 4 man raft out on the lake-yes, I did do that!!

Going down into the depths of Minnetonka Caves-yes, I did do that!!
Had a great time-yes, I did do that!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun vacation! I'm glad that your summer was all that you hoped for. I hope to have a summer like that. . . . maybe next year. I have been meaning to email you though and ask your advice about training for the Vegas Ragnar. I think you have done this type of race before (probably more than once). Any advice would be greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. great thoughts! and pics! you are a fabulous mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great mom! I can't wait to see you all when Tara's in town.

    ReplyDelete