Monday, August 24, 2009

Dreams....

do they really mean anything????

Conversation with Mr T while laying in bed.

Mr T: Do you ever have dreams where you are swimming in the ocean and you have to pee??

Me: No, I never have. Do you??

Mr T: Yea. (starting to laugh) Sometimes in my dream I start to pee in the ocean and then I wake up and realize I am in my bed, not in the ocean.

Me: (laughing but grateful he doesn't dream that one very often) I guess those are the times when you wet the bed.

Do you ever have re-occurring dreams? When I was in high school until about 25, I use to have dreams where my teeth would fall out. The situations in my dreams would be different but the teeth falling out was always present. Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than having your teeth crumble and fall out, even if it is a dream!

About ten years ago, I was at my sister-in-laws and she had a book on dreams. I told her about my re-occurring dream and she looked up the meaning. The book said that teeth falling out meant I was not voicing my true feelings in my day-to-day life. I know you are not going to believe this but from that day on I decided I would voice my opinion, when appropriate of course, and I have not had the dream since then. Crazy I know but true.
For your viewing pleasure

The Parthenon-Athens Greece

4 comments:

  1. That is interesting. For curiosity's sake I wouln't mind reading a book like that and analyzing some of my recurring dreams! I think I must have two children who swim in the ocean in their dreams each night or every other night lol. Cool picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy into that whole psychobabble stuff. You should just have me pull your teeth out for you. That way you don't have to worry about them ever falling out. Just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what does it mean when your re occuring dream is of you beating your beautiful younger cousin with a stick until her teeth crumble and fall out? lol. love ya
    Your blog always makes me smile. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it's funny you say the teeth crumbling thing. I have had it several times. But I wake up because I really feel like i can feel them crumbled. It's weird. And I don't voice my opinion. So maybe I should start.

    ReplyDelete