Friday, August 21, 2009

First day of school

School started yesterday. The peeps at our house were very excited.


If I would have been smart, I would have left right after I took this picture. Well, to make a long story short, I didn't. I decided to make sure he made it to his seat OK, bad idea!!
It was really weird because when I looked at him sitting in his desk, time stopped for a split second. The next thing I knew his whole life was flashing before my eyes. I was now realizing I hadn't done all the things I should have done. I had failed him as a mom. At this point, my heart was racing and my palms were sweaty. It seemed like an eternity staring at him and then I realized he was staring back at me. Now, this was not a "mom, I love you" kind of stare. No, no, no it was a "get out of here before anyone notices what an idiot you are for crying " kind of stare. It was just what I needed to bring me back to my senses. Leave it to a first grader to remind me how silly it is to cry about starting first grade. What can I say, I cry over everything.

Here's to school back in session!

3 comments:

  1. Awww..so sweet. Heidi your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl you are way too hard on yourself. You're a great mom, my kids would trade me in for you in a second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already dreading next year when Summer goes to 1st grade...kindy is no big deal..but 1st grade! Boo hoohoo! And by the way, you are an incredible mom...I really admire your mothering skills and wish I was more like you :) We need to start running again together...I love all your great advice, stories etc! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete