Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ogden 1/2 marathon

This weekend I did the Ogden 1/2 marathon with my lifelong best friend and cousin. She is a year older than me and the sister I never had. The company was amazing and the course was great. I will definitely make this a yearly tradition.
Before the race

After the race-we're still smiling!!

Fortunately, I was the camera lady so I got a nice picture of her "trying" to make it up the stairs. We both were sore and achy. She could barely bend her legs due to knee pain. I felt the exact same as her but I had the camera not her.

I was very proud of her because she decided last minute to race and was not properly trained. I don't know that I would have done that but I was glad she did because that made the weekend that much more fun(it's always more fun to share your pain with someone else!).

3 comments:

  1. hey! I didn't know you were going to post this for all the world to see! I love you too, and I'm so proud of how you did in this race. I'm looking forward to next year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Heidi! Still kickin' butt and taking names I see. 1/2 marathons are SO much more fun than full marathons. Challenging enough you feel like you did something big, but not so hard that you feel like you are going to die afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sre my idol! Really, you are such a great athlete and you inspire me to always go harder and do my best!

    ReplyDelete