Monday, December 7, 2009

Life

Tonight I about lost my head. I don't know why, but every time we sit down to dinner the kids decide it's time to be the best of friends. I always emphasize the importance of "family first" but they take it to the extreme at the dinner table. It doesn't matter if they have been at each others throats all afternoon, when Mom wants to have a deep conversation it is officially time to be crazy: laugh your heads off at absolutely nothing, roll on the ground laughing hysterically, tell dumb jokes and laugh till you almost wet your pants and the list could go on. There are days I want to scream but I have to bite my tongue and just let them enjoy each other.

Today was one of those days. I am not complaining, no, just documenting the day. I think Miss P jumped off her chair 4 times just so she could roll around on the ground while laughing hysterically. Ted asked Mr. C something and his reply was "I'm delirious" and then both of them jumped up and down, literally, laughing at the reply. I think this happened at least 3 times, as if it was the funniest thing they had ever heard, even though they heard the same remark 3 minutes earlier. I thought for sure one of them was going to pee their pants.

I know I should be grateful, and I am deep down inside but on the surface I just want to sit down and have a conversation. I guess here's to crazy brothers and sisters who love each other!!!

On another note, here are a few pictures of the ward Christmas party. The costumes turned out great and everyone had a great time. The Nativity Narration we put together turned out amazing, if I don't say so myself!!
The day of the party Miss P says to me, "I sure hope my costume isn't going to look like a sheet from my bed". "OOOOPS, it sure does!" is all I could think. So, I frantically worked on making it a little more "exciting". By the end of the project she was happy and I was glad to be done! Here's to creativity and the cold sores that came with it!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You are amazing! Elder Bednar's words comfort me when my kids are turning a 'teaching' moment into a audition for the Insane Asylum!

    ReplyDelete