Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life

This week I started a job after almost 7 years of being a stay at home mom. I work two days a week, 9a.m.-1p.m. It is perfect but wouldn't you know the first day I went to work the school called and informed me that Mr. C had split his ear open on the soccer goal post while trying to catch a ball. I left work, took him to his pediatrician and left with five stitches in his ear.
I decided to work an extra day this week so I could figure out the computer system. Of course, the school calls me again informing me that Mr C is throwing up. Wouldn't you know it!!! I have never been called from the school to come pick up any of my children until I start a new job, it figures.
What is so funny is last week I told Ted what a great year this has been in the "healthy department". Everyone has managed to stay away from the "swine flu" and we have had a total of 3 colds and that is it. I knew as soon as I voiced how wonderful it had been we would be knocked down with something. I'm just hoping Mr C will be feeling much better tomorrow because it's my official day to work. I know if I wasn't working, he would be healthy as ever. I have to confess, the doctor I am working with is amazing and I could cancel any day if I needed to.
We did some snowshoeing last Saturday and it was a blast. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning with the kids!

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoy snowshoeing, where did you go? Good luck with the job, funny how things go like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job. Nice to know that I am not the only one struggling with "Murphy's Law".

    ReplyDelete